Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today Was a Good Day...

Honestly, it's very exciting for me to be able to title a post with that. Lately I've been feeling so, well, "blah" for lack of a better term. With Michael living away right now to work back at school and not having any calls about interviews, I've been a little bit down. Sometimes a lot bit, but that's neither here nor there. Today was a good day though, a very good day.


I went and took my generalist certification exam bright and early yesterday. I got there at about 7:15, since I had to be there by 7:30, and got to start my test pretty much right away. They give five hours to take the test, but luckily it only took me about two. I don't think I could keep my sanity if I took a test that actually needed five hours! They said that it would take two to seven days for my score to post, but then I got the email this morning telling me that my grades had posted and I could log on to look.

Now, let me tell you, I was not feeling very good about this test at all. My specialty is Language Arts and Reading. I took the test for that before my student teaching when it was required and had no problems, but this test had math on it. MATH. I am horrible at math. It definitely had me stressed out. I sat staring at a couple of questions for a good ten minutes and then realized I had no idea how to even make an educated guess on the questions. Luckily, I did better at guessing that I thought and only missed four out of the twenty-eight math questions.

So, I passed the test! and by quite a bit actually, which was pretty shocking! I am incredibly thrilled that I won't have to take it again since it does cost one hundred and twenty dollars each time (ridiculous!). Now, I just have to take my ESL test and I can have my teaching certificate updated and update the billion job applications I have out there. I'm really hoping having my generalist certification will open up many more opportunities for me.

So, then there was more good news! I called the lady I did my initial interview for the school district I would really love to work in. You interview with her, and then she can help get your name out there when there are openings that you qualify for. I called her to update her on my test and what not, and since she said to just occasionally check in with her.

I am sure glad that I did!

Apparently the principal from the school I did my student teaching with has an English opening, and that is what I would really love. She had already passed my information to him this morning, and he had already mentioned really wanting to hire me if he had an opening. I'm hoping that this will turn into an interview and some possibilities. That would be a very nice thing!

One more GREAT thing happened this morning, too, but I think I'll hold off on that until tomorrow. Keep you on your toes....Oh, alright. I'll give you one hint.


Until tomorrow!

-Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote you shared at the top. Your blog is darling!

    ReplyDelete