Sunday, February 5, 2012

What did I do today?

That's a great question! Today, we had to run some errands. It seemed like a pretty simple day, right? My parents were going to go weigh in at Weight Watchers and then drop my dad's/my car off for an oil change. They came back home and got me, and then we headed out. I got FOUR new pairs of shoes at Payless for work. They were all on sale, and then they had a BOGO sale, so I got them all for $40, tax included! I was a bargain shopper! Then we headed to Panera for lunch, which is a place we eat quite often now when we go out, since it's pretty diet friendly for my parents.

So, we're done with lunch and about to head home when my dad declares that he wants to go car shopping! I've been using his car to get back and forth to work, since we didn't have a third car and my parents could car pool to work and everything. We had been talking about getting me my own car for quite some time, though. We went to the dealership once right after lunch and we were there for about an hour before my mom and I went home and my dad went out to look on his own. My mom wasn't feeling well, and I just don't like car dealerships.

After I was home for a couple hours, my dad said he was coming by the house in a car he loved and he wanted me to drive it. We ended up having a great salesperson, and he allowed my dad to drive the car all the way from up town to our house. I drove it back and loved it. Before I knew it, we were filling out a ton of paperwork. We were there from about 4 to 8:30, but I finally had the keys to my new car!


Say hello to my new baby! She's a 2010 Chevy Cobalt, and I really love her! I can't believe I finally have my own car! Now, any name suggestions? (I always name my inanimate object that I love. My laptop is Delilah :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, since you're getting good karma from it, maybe it should be called "Carma"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay your own car?! So exciting!!! It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your car :) im soo horrible with coming up with names although i kind of do the same (and name everything!) :)

    ReplyDelete