Friday, March 16, 2012

San Antonio - Day 2

This was our first whole day in San Antonio, and I have to say that it was pretty good! The night we got in we sat in the hotel and kind of talked about what we wanted to do for the rest of the week, though our plans did end up changing some. We decided that we would go to the zoo the next morning though, and then we went to bed. As you all know, we sprung forward on Sunday, but we didn't worry about setting an alarm. It was a vacation after all! So, thanks to the time change, we ended up finally waking up and getting out of bed at NOON. It was wonderful! Then we got up and headed out to the zoo. While my mom was texting me about how bad the weather was back home, this is what we got outside to...

It was wonderful! Especially after driving through the rain all day the day before. It was still a little cool when we got to the zoo, but we still enjoyed it a lot. (You see, I'm secretly still a child inside, and I LOVE zoos. In face, I went with Michael's family to our zoo today. That will be a whole other post!) Anyway, I got some pretty nice pictures there, too!





 1. The elephant was SO cute, it was swinging it's trunk back and forth like it was dancing. I took a video of it as well :]
2. Look at that hippo! I could not believe how big it was!
3. I loved this bear because we're always telling my dog he looks like a black bear (and obviously he understands this), so I just had to take a picture!
4. Zebras are cute, enough said.
5. I just like the picture, rhinos are huge, too!
6. Isn't the cheetah pretty just laying there?

The only thing that really upset me about this zoo was that they did NOT have giraffes! (what kind of zoo is that, anyway?). They had them on the directories around, but not on the recent maps. So they don't have them anymore :/

We thought the zoo would take us a lot longer, but it only took us a couple of hours, and that was even with having lunch there. Gotta love hot dogs and chips! So then we had to sit in the car and decide what we wanted to do the rest of the day so we did not waste gas going to the hotel and out again. Like I ended with yesterday, sure enough we ended up back at that mall. We ended up having to use the parking garage again since everywhere else was full. We decided to check out Ripley's Believe it or Not, since we had never been before.


I have to tell you, it was pretty cool! There were a lot of unique things to see. One of the many things I love about Michael is how much he loves learning as well. It took us a lot longer than most people because we always have to stop and read everything. I'm glad we did, because they had a lot of interesting things! Like this giraffe skeleton (had to have giraffes somewhere since the zoo certainly didn't!)


 Or this Eiffel Tower made completely out of toothpicks!


It was pretty neat, and it took up some time as well, which was really nice. After that, since we were already paying for parking and we were right there, we headed down to the riverwalk to walk around for awhile. We had already decided we would eat there tonight, too. We found a place called Ritas, and it was amazing. (It also helps me towards completing a number on my 101/1001 list. Eating at new restaurants). They had great margaritas, too! After dinner we headed back to the hotel where we watched some Big Bang Theory and went to be early! Come back tomorrow to read about day three: Sea World!

-Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. How fun! The weather looks amazing, and the zoo looks like a blast :) I have always wanted to go to a Ripley's Believe it or Not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toothpick eiffel tower is unbelievable!! wow!

    ReplyDelete