Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bridesmaids

When I decided on the bridesmaids for my wedding, it was actually a really difficult decision. I had some friends from my hometown, but some great ones from school as well. However, I didn't have too many friends that I counted as "best friends," people that I could rely on to be there and do things if I needed them to. Well, slowly I began putting together my group. My close friend for ages is my maid of honor, and I wouldn't have it any other way. She has struggled a lot in her own life, but she's still such an upbeat person. I know that she loves me and that she will do anything she can to make the wedding and all events before it wonderful.

I think chose two friends from college, Jesica and Sarah. While it will be a three hour drive for Jesica anytime she has to come, she was more than willing to do all of that. We're incredibly close and I wouldn't want to do it without her. Sarah and I were roommates for a year and it was my best dorm experience ever. I was so sad when she had to move into her sorority  house the next year. She lives closer by, so it's not a big deal for her. She already graduated in December and already works around here which is great!

For my last two (yes, that means five girls. It started as four, but then there was one that I just had to add. Sometimes it works out like that, and we had not purchased the dresses yet or anything, so it was all good), we have known each other since middle school. We grew up in the same town where Courtney and I went to church together as well, and Becca and I were inseparable. We were all three close through high school when we did drill team together, and just about everything else, really.

Anyway, this brings me to the true point of my post. I have a friend, let's call her C. We started school together in third grade and went through together from that point. For a long time we lived about four blocks from each other and I was always at her place for birthday parties and what not. Her parents became like second parents to me. It was nice. However, when I went off to school she stayed here (with a boyfriend I could not stand). I didn't get to come home a lot, she didn't try to contact me a lot, so naturally we grew apart. Occasionally we would meet up, but usually I would have to be the one to do the meeting. Well, last year she called me and told me she was pregnant, and that she was excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against having children before you're married as long as you are responsible enough to do so, and she was not. The whole thing was just upsetting because she handled it in the wrong way, and her boyfriend was awful. Well, we never discussed the wedding, but when she got the Save the Date with our website, I assumed she would go there, where we have listed our bridal party.

Obviously not. Or she just wants to hear it from me.

She keeps sending me all these text messages asking if she's in the wedding. That she needs to know so she knows how fast to lose the baby weight. I have no idea how to respond. On one hand, I feel bad because we had been friends for so long. We did grow apart though, and she has new responsibilites. Ultimately, I have no idea what to say to her. Why is mom always out of town when these things come up?

Welp, I guess I'm off to student teaching. Happy Tuesday!
-Tiffany.

1 comment:

  1. Just tell her that you only had limited space and had became so close to your other friends. It's the the truth! And it may be sad for her, but life happens and you guys drifted. That's what I would do. :-)

    ReplyDelete