Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbye May....Hello June

 

I cannot believe it's already the end of May, that seems pretty impossible to me. Time seems to go by so fast these days, and sometimes that's a wonderful thing and other times it's not so much. Right now I'm feeling pretty bittersweet about it. This month we hit the four months mark for the wedding, but it also means I've gone longer without being called about job interviews. Ah, stress! Ultimately, this month was a pretty good one, though. 

I finished my student teaching on the 4th.
Michael and I graduated with our Bachelor degrees on the 12th.
That also meant that I got to see my friends at school for the first time since January, which was great.
We had a fun little graduation party that night with our families. It was amazing to celebrate all the hard work we had put in for the past four years. 
The next day, the 13th, we had a redo of our engagement pictures: we had our first session during the summer last year, but we ended up changing photographers. More on that will come soon, we should have the pictures soon, and then I'll be able to post some! 
This Monday for Memorial day, on the 28th, we had a family get together/cook out/pool thing at our house and that was a lot of fun having everyone together. (A couple of us girls took a break from the pool to go to Pier 1 and Kohls, and I ended up getting some awesome clearance stuff for our future apartment!). 
And today, the 31st, I went back up to the middle school where I did my student teaching. All of my sixth graders were so happy to see me, and it was awesome to see how excited they got. I really had missed them quite a bit. It makes me really want my own classroom for next year even more. 

I hope you all had a May that was as good as mine was! To end the post, I thought I would do the 7 Questions link up from Gentri Lee's blog. You should go check out here blog and answer the questions as well! :]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. If you were to start your own business, what would it be?
I think if I had to own a business, it would probably be a craft store. I really do love scrapbooking, but things are so crazy expensive these days. I would be able to use all the stuff I wanted, and that would be wonderful! I just think it would be a lot of fun, too. If I didn't do a craft store though, I would probably open a little corner bookstore. That seems like it would be fun.


2. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, do you embrace your grumpiness or try to fight it?
Usually I wake up in a pretty good mood in the mornings, unless I'm super stressed (which has been a little often lately, boo!) Usually I do try to fight it as best as I can, but sometimes it's impossible to keep it all at bay.

3. What's the very first memory you have?
Um, I don't know. It's always difficult for me to determine if I really remember things, or I just know them because I've seen pictures and been told stories by my family. However, I do remember moving into our last house in Iowa, so I would have been about six. My dad and my uncle did most of the building and it was always fun to play with my brothers inside while it was all coming together.

4. the world is ending, what do you do? Allow yourself to die? Fight? Hide? Etc.
Oh jeez, I don't know. I guess it depends on what is causing the end of the world. If it zombies then I would definitely fight it. I mean, you can learn all the rules off of Zombieland, so I feel like I'd be pretty set to fight for awhile!

5. What is your favorite meal of the day?
I guess dinner, because it's usually more substance. I get tired of sandwiches pretty quickly, and when I was student teaching that was pretty much what I always had to take for lunch, so it got old. I like being able to switch things up more for dinner.

6. How do you best learn? Visual? Listening? Hands on?
I think it really just depends on what I'm trying to learn. I don't think one specific way works best for me, but I definitely need to be able to hear it explained, and then see it explained as well. Sometimes I'm perfectly fine if someone can describe it to me. However, when it comes to math I have to see it worked out, and slooowly. I'm horrible at math.

7. What is your favorite joke?
Uh, I don't really tell jokes...my dad is the one that makes jokes in this family, and they're usually pretty awful! One of his favorites is:
Q: What do you call a cow with no legs?
A: Ground beef. 
Clever, yeah? 

Head on over and answer some of the questions yourself!  

<3 Tiffany.

No comments:

Post a Comment