Friday, January 11, 2013
13 in 2013
1. Continue to work our at least twice a week. (We got the Nike fitness "game" for the xbox kinect, and so far I am really enjoying it. It's a really good workout, though it will kick your butt!)
2. Find a new job. I guess I should say, find a new school to teach at, since I am keeping the same job. (which also means deciding if I want to move down to elementary school, move up to high school, or stay in middle school)
3. Begin my Master's degree. I have decided to get my Master's in English, so that I can teach college/university level once I have my degree.
4. Work on having a healthier diet. I know that it will still be a bit of time before we think about having kids, but I want to make sure I am healthy when we do make those decisions. I love fruits and vegetables, so I need to start making sure they are a major part of my diet.
5. Finding a new doctor. Enough said, it's just time. I just have to find one that I'm comfortable with, which is never an easy task.
6. Stick with Project Life for the WHOLE year. (I should be getting the seafoam edition anytime now, and then I will be able to start. So excited!)
7. Sew an apron using my new sewing machine. Maybe more than one, and I will use the others for gifts for family/friends.
8. Find new recipes to use, that I can make correctly and actually enjoy. I find we are eating a lot of the same things, so hopefully I can find some new recipes that we both enjoy.
9. FINALLY purchase the Writing Young Adult Fiction for Dummies book, and read and highlight what I need in order to finally begin doing some writing.
10. Look into starting to do some daily yoga on my own to deal with stress. I hear it's a good habit to begin even before you have kids, and that it's a great thing to do during pregnancy, so it seems like it would be a good habit to start now.
11. Cut back on my spending. I don't spend a lot at one time, but I have a habit of going out with my parents every weekend and shopping, and then it starts to add up.
12. Save up money for a honeymoon, and find someplace great that we will both enjoy. And then have a blast!
13. Take chances. If something seems like something I will enjoy, then try it for a change instead of getting scared.
Alright, that's it! Hopefully I can stick to them. I think it's best to make them small and manageable, that way it is possible to finish all 13 in the year. Now it's your turn! Go ahead and create your list and then link up below!