Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What's been going on around here...

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, things have been pretty crazy around here, and mostly in a very good sense. It really is amazing how a couple of things can change everything around for the better, and the future is looking pretty great at the moment.

So lately:
* I got rejected for a job that I was feeling really good about. I had some great connections and everything, but it just didn't work out for me.
* Michael began his job with Lockheed Martin, and I couldn't be more proud of him. It seems slow for him right now, but he thinks it's going to pick up pretty soon, which is great.
* We have picked out an apartment that I love, and we move in August 11th, which is really soon!
* We have found a lot of great furniture at great prices to fill our apartment with.
* I had three job interviews last Wednesday. After the first one in the morning, I got a call to go back and see the head principal. When I went back that afternoon, I was offered a job! Starting next month I'll be teaching 6th grade English.
* My bridal shower is this Saturday, and then we are celebrating my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. It's going to be a great weekend. (one of my best friends is coming into town for the shower too, yay!)
* Now I'm just waiting for HR to call to confirm the job and everything, and have started packing up stuff to move.

That's about everything that's going on right about now, at least that I can think of. Hope everyone is doing well!

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic about landing the job! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're almost in the same boat minus wedding things. I was supposed to have a job interview yesterday but it got cancelled at the last minute, positions we're all filled. I'm also moving out the week after you :)

    6th grade English, that's so cool! Congrats on the job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! i'm glad to hear things turned out well with the job interviews after all :) and I'm so excited to hear about your wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job! I remember waiting after my interview to hear if it worked out or not. I'm glad things are finally falling in to place to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The job rejection sucks, but it looks like it turned around for you which is awesome!
    I am now following from the GFC blog hop :)
    Myranda
    Pretty Living PDX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! So much excitement! Happy to have found you through the Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m your new follower!
    Check out my blog sometime and follow back if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the interviews - it seems like such a battle but the right job must be waiting for you.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw that you were born in Iowa. Me too! Although I'm living in the UK right now and we're moving to Arizona on Friday. Confusing... ha. Glad you ended up getting a job offer!

    New follower via the blog hop!

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, I found your blog through 'the life of a not so ordinary wife'. Enjoying the blog hop, and I am your newest follower. Did the move into your new apartment go well?

    Hope you can stop by my place too! http://www.thedayafteryesterday.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about jobwise! I'm working a temporary job right now, having been turned down for this amazing job that I really thought I had. My hubs is out of work too, and interviewing anywhere and everywhere. So a move is in our future too!

    I'm here from the hop- Thanks for cohosting this week! Love your blog and am now a follower! ;)

    www.atthepinkofperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS!!! I found you from the blog hop. I am going through the interview process for teaching jobs and it just seems so difficult. I am trying to stay positive though. Good luck with your first days!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog! Good luck to you, too. It's tough out there to be sure but just keep the positive attitude going and you will do well! I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop. I would be very grateful if you could visit and follow on my GFC as well. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete